Tuesday, December 24, 2013

December 23, 2013

Dear Student of the Martial Arts,

         Last night was the first time in a while that we had a sparring class "FIGHT NIGHT".
Everyone, especially me were with some rust. I have to admit I witness good technique and amazing spirit. As well, I witness a dojo bond, call it a spirit of respect. Sometimes were are so obsessed with the fancy techniques, we forget the basic 101 skills that will help us survive a street situation. I have visit and spoke to many teachers and students outside my dojo. I discovered everyone is trying to blow everyone's mind with new never seen techniques...."what ever"......I hope we are not forgetting our roots. I personally believe the basics will save your life. Bruce Lee did comment about the classical mess and the magical sensei's that are all knowing. I get it. Remember the Art is very personal and unique to each person, that's what makes it so special.
With respect, honor and courage
Kyoshi Korentsides.

No comments:

Post a Comment